Wednesday, 21 June 2017

News/Current Affairs websites for young students

Dear Parents and Students

It is really important to keep reading over the summer! Students who read succeed!

Last term I set Year 7 students a challenge to hit a target of 5000 book loans from the library. We fell somewhat short of that at 3600, but well done to everyone who has been reading on top of all the other demands of studying, sports, ECAs and other out of school activities.

I have come across these two websites that I think are fantastic for my Year 7s:

https://newsela.com/ is a website for young students. When you click on an article you change the difficulty of the language used in the article by using the blue menu button on the right hand side. I think this is a great feature.



http://www.timeforkids.com/ is a superpb website resource that takes the content of the world reknowned Time magazine and translates it into suitable language for children.

Hope these are useful. Keep reading guys!

Mr O'Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment