Dear Parents
As you will already be aware, students are issued with a homework diary at the start of the year. This is to enable them to record and review the homework they have been set that week. It is also an important communication tool betwen the school and you as parents.
Recently, many teachers have begun to use Google Classroom as a way of setting and collecting homework. Students should continue to record homework in their diary, regardless of whether it is set on Google Classroom or not.
A quick inspection of a few diaries chosen at randowm suggests that this isn't happening. I have therefore written to all teachers alerting them to a function within Google Classroom called 'Guardian Email Summary' which I hope many will start to use.
This means that, when activated, you as the parent will receive a summar once a week of all the homework set through Google Classroom by your child's teachers. An example of the email summary can be seen here.
I hope that this will allow you to have a closer handle on the amount of homework set and upcoming deadlines.
Should you begin receving this emails from Google this means that you have been added as a guardian to your child's school Google account by one of their teachers.
I hope this helps. If you have an queries about homework, homework diaries or Google Classroom please contact me at Jamie.odowd@staff.st-chris.net.
Have a great weekend.
Mr O'Dowd
As you will already be aware, students are issued with a homework diary at the start of the year. This is to enable them to record and review the homework they have been set that week. It is also an important communication tool betwen the school and you as parents.
Recently, many teachers have begun to use Google Classroom as a way of setting and collecting homework. Students should continue to record homework in their diary, regardless of whether it is set on Google Classroom or not.
A quick inspection of a few diaries chosen at randowm suggests that this isn't happening. I have therefore written to all teachers alerting them to a function within Google Classroom called 'Guardian Email Summary' which I hope many will start to use.
This means that, when activated, you as the parent will receive a summar once a week of all the homework set through Google Classroom by your child's teachers. An example of the email summary can be seen here.
I hope that this will allow you to have a closer handle on the amount of homework set and upcoming deadlines.
Should you begin receving this emails from Google this means that you have been added as a guardian to your child's school Google account by one of their teachers.
I hope this helps. If you have an queries about homework, homework diaries or Google Classroom please contact me at Jamie.odowd@staff.st-chris.net.
Have a great weekend.
Mr O'Dowd
Thank you
ReplyDeleteThis will help 👍